Monday 14 August 2017

The Night Stalker by Clare Donoghue


Clare very kindly recently sent me her latest novel, The Night Stalker* (Detective Jane Bennett & DI Mike Lockyer #4)  (which was published last week). I mentioned on my book post at the end of July that I'd do a full review closer to publication date).

What a read it is! (it could be read as a standalone but in order to get to know the characters I'd suggest reading the books in order).

Mike Lockyer and Jane Bennett are sent to work on a case in Somerset. He's been told from those higher up to watch the DI in charge closely. The team in Somerset aren't happy with the intrusion of the Met.

A woman's body is found in a burnt out car in Somerset's Quantock Hills. Very loosely she has connections to Lockyer's daughter and he's keen to keep her safe from harm.  The locals are gripped with fear and superstition as where the body was found is the site of a grisly murder 200 years ago. The DI has been keeping previous deaths from them which are obviously linked to this death and it could mean that a serial killer is at large..

A fast paced, edge of the seat read which I devoured in two sittings! Highly recommend.

*complimentary - copy sent to me by the author

No comments:

Post a Comment